My Learning Journey

Traveling and Learning with #ETMOOC

A new chapter in the learning journey

January 10, 2013 by Heather Davis · No Comments · INTRODUCTION

January seems to be the month for online professional development courses and I have been trying to determine what I want to learn.  When I came across a blog (can’t remember which one right now) mentioning the #ETMOOC I read it with great interest.  To be perfectly honest I did have to look up what MOOC stood for and got an in depth description from Wikipedia.  Then I moved over to the website and decided right then that I wanted to be part of this experience.  So here I am. I am excited to meet a world wide community and learn things I can share with my teachers.

I decided to set up a new blog for this course but have links over on the side of my other blogs.  I am an infrequent blogger much to the disappointment of my friends when I don’t write about my life in Guatemala.  Oh well. maybe I will get better at it.

The picture at the top of my blog is taken in Guatemala City and is the volcano Agua.  The picture is a bit stretched but it was a beautiful view during Christmas and I couldn’t resist including it in my blog.

The pictures below are from our beautiful campus in Guate.

Students and Parents having reading time together

A great courtyard outside the Grade 3 classes

Tags:

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.